WASHINGTON, D.C.—The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) today announced official programming for the 2018 Re|focus Sustainability & Recycling Summit, co-located with the expanded Re|focus Zone at NPE2018: The Plastics Show. Speakers include experts from Procter & Gamble (P&G), Purdue University, ExxonMobil and keynote speaker – Oliver Campbell – of Dell Technologies.
Campbell, director of worldwide procurement & packaging at Dell, will kick off the summit with the keynote presentation, “Using Dell Innovation and Supply Chain to Tackle Ocean Plastic,” explaining how Dell developed and launched a program to create a commercially scalable supply of plastics recovered from the ocean that can be used in product packaging.
The three-day summit will feature five other educational sessions with expert panels that will lead discussion and provide practical steps companies can take to achieve their recycling and sustainability goals. Sessions and speakers include:
- Recycling Game Changer: Moving Beyond Mechanical Recycling: Moderated by Robert Render, Commercial Manager at Ravago Recycling Group and featuring John Layman of P&G and PureCycle Technologies, Joe Vaillancourt of Agilyx and researchers from Purdue University.
- Advances in Composite Recycling: Moderated by Chris Surbrook, New Business Development at Midland Compounding Company and featuring Mark Janney of Carbon Conversions, Inc. and Brian Pillay of University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Under One Roof: Investing in Onsite Plastic Reprocessing at MRFs: Moderated byJim Keefe, Executive Vice President & Group Publisher at Recycling Today Media Group. Featuring speakers: Martin Baumann of EREMA North America, Daniel Reshef of Canada Fibers Ltd., Jose Augusto Viveiro of Braskem and Brian Pillay of University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Additives for Upcycling: Moderated by Mark Richardson, Engineering Consultant at Series One and featuring Salvatore Monte of Kenrich Petrochemicals Inc., Prem Patel of Milliken & Company and Timothy Dean of ExxonMobil Chemical Company.
- Biobased Bioplastic Polymers and the Future of Bottling: Moderated by Patrick Krieger, Assistant Director, Regulatory and Technical Affairs at PLASTICS and featuring Michael A. Saltzberg, Ph.D of DuPont Industrial Biosciences, John Bissell of Origin Materials and Jose Augusto Viveiro of Braskem.
“The speakers at the Re|focus Sustainability & Recycling Summit are pioneers in sustainability and are poised to lead the plastics industry to new heights,” said PLASTICS Vice President of Sustainability, Kim Holmes. “Their insights, coupled with the education-in-action on the show floor in the Re|focus Zone, will help attendees realize and reach their sustainability goals.”
Learn more about the Re|focus Sustainability & Recycling Summit here. To register for NPE2018: The Plastics Show, scheduled for May 7-11, 2018 in Orlando FL, visit NPE.org/attend. Follow PLASTICS on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for the latest #NPE2018 news and insights.
About Plastics Industry Association
The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS), formerly SPI, is the only organization that supports the entire plastics supply chain, representing nearly one million workers in the $418 billion U.S. industry. Since 1937, PLASTICS has been working to make its members and the industry more globally competitive while advancing recycling and sustainability. To learn more about PLASTICS’ education initiatives, industry-leading insights and events, networking opportunities and policy advocacy and North America’s largest plastics trade show, NPE: The Plastics Show, visit plasticsindustry.org. Follow PLASTICS on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn