Ensuring the safety and security of our attendees, exhibitors, and staff is our highest priority, so you may notice a more highly visible law enforcement presence throughout the show and in all areas throughout the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).
Our organizers work closely with venue security and state and local law enforcement to develop security plans for our events, and we ask all those attending NPE: The Plastics Show to review the following security measures:
Everyone attending this event should be aware that the following are in place:
- Security staff may approach you outside the venue, at entry, or inside.
- Staff and attendees are required to wear the ID badges provided at all times while in the OCCC.
- Bag checks may be in operation.
- Walkthrough or hand-held scanners may be in operation. Attendees’ badges will be scanned upon each entry into the exhibit halls.
- Uniformed and covert police may be in attendance.
- Canine security and detection may be in operation.
- Everyone attending NPE is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times, and do not leave any items unattended.
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times.
- Dispose of your badge inside the event on your final visit or when you’ve returned
home, not in the bins immediately outside the event.
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID with you at all times.
Finally, if you see something suspicious, please report it to PLASTICS by calling 407-685-5402. You can also report it to any PLASTICS staff member or any venue or security personnel.
On-site show security offices are located in rooms West Level 3
Also, please make sure that your family and friends know how to reach you in case of an emergency.